Turbo Boost Switcher Pro for Mac Free Download
Turbo Boost Switcher is a little application for Mac computers that allows to enable and/or disable the Turbo Boost feature. It installs a precompiled kernel extension (32 or 64 bits depending on your system) that updates the Turbo Boost MSR register, so It will ask for your admin password when using it. It’s installed on your Mac status bar.
- Visually know if Turbo Boost is enabled or disabled at any time.
- Enable / Disable Turbo Boost manually, getting up to a 25% more battery life and lowering down the CPU Temp up to 20ºC. (check this).
- Configure it to disable Turbo Boost automatically at launch.
- Enable / Disable Turbo Boost automatically for a set of apps (only on Pro version).
- Set default mode for Turbo Boost Enabled or not (On or Off)
- Disable Turbo Boost when battery charger is not connected (only on Pro version).
- OSX Notifications integration (only on Pro version).
- Asks for root password only once (only on Pro version).
- Check your CPU temp and fan speed.
- Set it to open at login.
- Automatically restore Turbo Boost on exit.
What’s New in Version 2.9.1
- There is a bug on macOS Catalina 10.15.1 when using an external monitor and vertical alignment between main one and external one. It doesn’t happen when side by side alignment. It has already been reported to Apple and it causes some status bar apps to only display dropdown menus when clicking on external monitor. The 2.9.1 contains a workaround for this. No need to update if using Mojave or any other previous version of macOS.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.6 or later
File Size: 2 MB